General
This question is more than six months old, so the information in the answer may no longer be accurate.
Visitor asks:
Dear Sir/Madam,
On Monday I developed severe pain in a lower first molar that was treated three years ago. According to the new X-ray, at least 80% of the visible part of the tooth is a white filling. Inflammation has developed under one root. I am currently taking antibiotics to calm the inflammation, and the pain has already decreased by 99%.
Yesterday I went to the dentist who is replacing my usual dentist during her holiday, and she wanted to extract the tooth.
I was still worried, so I sought a second opinion. Two dentists advised retreatment; if that failed, they suggested removing the part of the tooth above the root and rebuilding it. In any case, they did not recommend extraction yet.
Now I am confused because I do not know how to proceed. Is extraction really the most appropriate solution in this case, or is it worth trying to save the tooth?
Thank you in advance for your professional opinion and kind regards.
Dentist Tomaž Rotar answers:
Dear Sir/Madam!
To assess the situation, I would need to see at least the X-ray. The decision to extract a tooth is made on the basis of many factors.
Have a nice day!
To assess the situation, I would need to see at least the X-ray. The decision to extract a tooth is made on the basis of many factors.
Have a nice day!
✦ This content was translated from the original with the assistance of an AI translation system.
← Your questions